PANNA COTTA WITH CUMQUAT SYRUP
Buttermilk Panna Cotta is a delectable dessert that pairs perfectly with the tangy sweetness of Cumquat syrup and the crunch of Candied Cumquats. This recipe is simple to make and is a great option if you're short on time but still want to impress your guests.
- 4 Gelatine leaves
- 400ml cream
- 120 g castor sugar
- 250ml buttermilk
- Soften gelatine leaves in cold water.
- Combine cream and sugar in a saucepan on medium heat and bring close to the boil.
- Remove excess water from the gelatine leaves and whisk into the cream and sugar mixture.
- Add the 250ml of buttermilk. Turn heat to low to avoid the buttermilk from splitting.
- Place in ramekins and refrigerate until set.
- Serve with Cumquat Syrup & Candied Cumquats.
- If you wish to introduce more flavours, you can heat the syrup with a small portion of star anise and/or cinnamon quill.
- Our Cumquat Ginger Shrub also works well as a sauce over the panna cotta.