SEMOLINA PORRIDGE WITH CANDIED CUMQUATS
Semolina porridge is a creamy, thick porridge made from semolina flour, milk, and sugar. This delicious recipe is one of the quickest to prepare and makes a healthy breakfast treat that is sure to delight.
- 2½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 orange, rind finely grated
- 50gm semolina
- 20gm butter
- Shelled Pistachios to serve
- Candied Cumquats to serve
- Combine milk, honey and rind in a heavy based saucepan and bring just to the boil over medium heat.
- Add semolina in a steady stream, and cook, stirring continuously, for 5-6 minutes or until thick and bubbling.
- Add butter and stir to combine ingredients.
- Divide among bowls, spoon over candied cumquats and syrup, scatter with pistachios and serve immediately.