ELEVATE YOUR EVERYDAY DISHES WITH SHRUBS
With their endless flavour combinations, shrubs can be used in a whole host of cocktails and mocktails, or simply topped up with soda water with a shot (or not) of your favourite tipple.
But did you know you can also use drinking shrubs in your everyday cooking? Here are some of our favourite ways to use shrubs to turn everyday dishes into restaurant worthy fare.
We hope these ideas spark your imagination and creativity!
Non-alcoholic drinks: Shrubs turn any plain, sparkling water into a unique and refreshing drink. Simply add 20-40ml of shrub (depending on your personal taste preference) to 200ml of sparkling water for a refreshing summer beverage.
- Cocktails: Shrubs have an ability to compliment numerous types of liquors, be it clear spirits such as vodka, gin, tequila, mezcal, or brown spirits such as dark rum, bourbon, rye, and even blended scotches. So if you’re in the mood for something a little stronger, try combining one part shrub with two parts of your preferred spirit for a quick and easy cocktail.
- Roasting Vegetables, Fish & Meat: Try drizzling a mix of shrub, olive oil and salt and pepper over whatever you are roasting - whether it’s vege’s, fish or meat, a modest drizzle will give your roast a refreshing new taste.
- Salad Dressings: For a new take on the traditional salad vinaigrette, replace half the vinegar component with a shrub to add a touch of tangy sweetness that will liven up any salad.
- Marinating Meats & Seafood: Combine equal parts shrub and extra virgin olive oil for a delicious and unique marinade. You can try this on chicken, pork, salmon, and even shrimp. Throw in a few herbs such as rosemary or thyme and you’ll have a delicious new recipe that will impress your dinner guests.
- Decadent Desserts: Drizzle your favourite shrub over fresh fruit, cake or even ice cream for a delicious sweet treat.